You are committed to cultivating staffâ€™s knowledge and skills related to fostering healthy development of the young children in their care and the families with whom they have formed partnerships. You are also deeply invested in developing staff leadership capacities.
Your board concurs and also believes that Scribbles has a robust commitment to working for access, equity, and positive social change. They have asked you to work with the staff in developing this broader advocacy lens. You welcome the challenge and believe that an important precursor to supporting these goals includes exploring biases, because deep knowledge of oneâ€™s own values and beliefs is a precursor to actively and effectively working on access and equity as social justice issues. As a first step to this important work, you decide to create a blog for staff with initial posts that provide a research-based introduction to the power of bias, including how to recognize and mitigate it as well as information and strategies that support access, equity, and positive social change for young children, families, and the early childhood field.
For this Assessment, complete the â€œSupporting Access, Equity, and Positive Social Changeâ€ Blog Post Template.
Scribbles Early Learning Center
Scribbleâ€™s Early Learning Center is an early childhood program serving young children, from 12 weeks birth through 5 years old and their families in Hansvale, Minnesota. Hansvale is a richly diverse community and the program staff is committed to ensuring that the diversity of the community’s children and families is supported in their program.
Program staff believes that families in the program are essential partners and is committed to creating bridges between the early childhood program, the classrooms, and each childâ€™s home. Families are encouraged to participate in volunteer activities within the program and daily conversations occur regarding children’s development and learning. Families also have opportunities to participate in developing goals based on their childrenâ€™s development and learning. As well, families are welcome to participate in program and classroom-level decision making. Conferences are held with families on a semiannual and â€œas neededâ€ basis. Teachers use conference time to gather information from families about their hopes, dreams, and goals for their children. Feedback is regularly sought from families about how they feel the program and classroom are supporting them and their childâ€™s development. Modifications to programming and classroom activities are made on an â€œas neededâ€ basis.
At the beginning of the year, every classroom teacher conducts home visits to learn about each child and family. These home visits are seen as an essential strategy, key to understanding who families are and how they live their lives. Careful attention is taken to create environments that meaningfully reflect each family and their daily lives. These opportunities, as well as all of the efforts to engage families, draw on each familyâ€™s unique knowledge and are respectfully designed around each familyâ€™s strengths.
Â©2017 Walden University
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.