WK 2 discussion post reply
Please see attachment for instructionsÂ
APA format with intext citation
3 scholarly references with in the last 5 years
Plagiarism free with Turnitin report
250-300 minimum word count
Please reply to the following post
Discussion post #1
Psychiatric Evaluation and Evidence-Based Rating Scales
The psychiatric interview is a vital information-gathering process to help providers gain an understanding of the current mental health status of a patient. This interview can include cognitive, emotional, and behavioral assessments and a mental status examination. The mental status examination is an integral part of the psychiatric interview. This includes different sections, including the patientâ€™s appearance, behavior, activity, speech, mood, affect, thought process, thought content, cognition, insight, and judgment, which allow a provider to have information on the patientâ€™s current mental status (Voss & Das, 2022). Another essential component of the psychiatric interview includes creating and building a therapeutic relationship and rapport. This allows the patient, who is often in distress and experiencing challenging conditions, to feel comfortable and trust the provider to be opening up about specifics (Lenouvel et al., 2022). Lastly, an important part of the psychiatric interview involves reviewing substance use and/or addictions which can be gathered and included in the patientâ€™s health history. This is important as individuals which a substance use disorder account for around 20% of all patients with a mental illness (Iqbal et al., 2019). Gathering this information will help a provider know if a co-occurring disorder exists. Â
The PHQ-9 is a patient health questionnaire to help determine if a patient is experiencing, and to what extent they are experiencing, depression. One property of this scale is that it allows for a quick screening for depression and an idea of the changes in symptoms over time (Aslan et al., 2020). This questionnaire includes questions about the patient being bothered by the following, â€œlittle interest or pleasure in doing things, feeling down, depressed, or hopeless, troubling falling or staying asleep, or sleeping too much, etc.â€ (National HIV, 2015). This interview is appropriate to use when a patient has suspected depression and can be given verbally by the provider or given to the patient as a questionnaire to fill out (Ford et al., 2020).
Discussion post #2
Â The presenting compliant is why the patient is seeking help and it is vitally important to hear the patientâ€™s interpretation of symptoms and for the
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.