WINDSHIELD SURVEY/COMMUNITY ASSESSMENT
Conduct a â€œWindshield Surveyâ€ in a section of your community. Instructions for the survey can be found in Stanhope and LancasterÂ (2020) on page 383, Table 17.5.Â As you notice, conducting a Windshield Survey requires that you either walk around or drive around a particular section of the community and take notes about what you observe. A Windshield Survey cannot be conducted by reviewing websites or Google Earth only. It requires actually taking a look at the selected area of the community. This survey should be focused on the problem and population you have selected for your practicum project. If you choose, for example, obesity among Hispanic schoolchildren, you might want to locate a section of the community where many Hispanic children live, or you might want to conduct the Windshield Survey around where Hispanic children attend school. If Hispanic children are not found in a specific section of your community (e.g., Chinatown in San Francisco or Harlem in New York), then you may select the section of the community where you live or work but pay particular attention to your practicum population and practicum problem as you conduct a survey of the community as viewed through the eyes of the public health nurse.
Be sure to review the Learning Resources before completing this activity.
Click the weekly resources link to access the resources.Â
Â· Stanhope, M., & Lancaster, J. (2020).Â
Public health nursing: Population-centered health care in the communityÂ (10th ed.). Elsevier.
Â· Chapter 6, â€œEnvironmental Healthâ€ (pp. 121-148)
Â· Chapter 13, â€œEpidemiologyâ€ (pp. 269-298)
Â· Chapter 14, â€œInfectious Disease Prevention and Controlâ€ (pp. 299-332)
Â· Chapter 15, â€œCommunicable and Infectious Disease Risksâ€ (pp. 333-355)
Â· Chapter 17, â€œCommunity as Client: Assessment and Analysisâ€ (pp. 370-394)
Â· ZuÃ±iga, J. A., MuÃ±oz, S. E., Johnson, M. Z., & Garcia, A. (2014).Â
Tuberculosis Treatment for Mexican Americans Living on the U.S.-Mexico BorderLinks to an external site.
Journal Of Nursing Scholarship, 46(4), 253-262.Â http://doi.org/10.1111/jnu.12071
CDC WonderLinks to an external site.
. (2020). Retrieved from http://wonder.cdc.gov/
Â· McKenna, M. (2015).Â
What do we do when anti
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.