WEEK 5 DISCUSSION
We have all worked in a group or team at some point in our careers. A team is brought together to achieve a common goal. The team needs to have members who have complementary skills and who are committed to a common purpose to achieve performance goals. However, teams don’t move immediately toward performing, but instead evolve over time. There are five stages of group and team development:
- Forming: Getting oriented and getting acquainted. High degree of uncertainty as members try to figure out who is in charge.
- Storming: Personalities start to emerge, along with roles and conflicts within the group.
- Norming: In the third stage conflicts are resolved, relationships developed, harmony and unity surfaces.
- Performing: The members concentrate on solving problems and completing the assigned task.
- Adjourning: Members prepare to disband. Some members may be reassigned, terminated from the group or the group is resolved.
Think about a time when you joined a new groupâ€”it could be at work, in a family setting, or with a social group.
Respond to the following:
- Which of the five stages was the most challenging for the group to work through, and why?
- How might you have helped the group work through that stage differently based upon what you know now about the five stages of group and team development?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.