Student Exploration Carbon Cycle GIZMO
Â Student Exploration: Carbon Cycle Vocabularyâ€‹: â€‹atmosphere, biomass, biosphere, carbon reservoir, carbon sink, fossil fuel, geosphere, greenhouse gas , hydrosphere, lithosphere, photosynthesis Prior Knowledge Questions â€‹(Do these BEFORE using the Gizmo.) In the process of â€‹photosynthesisâ€‹, plants take in carbon dioxide (COâ€‹2â€‹) from the atmosphere and water (Hâ€‹2â€‹O) from the soil. Using the energy of sunlight, plants build molecules of glucose (Câ€‹6â€‹Hâ€‹12â€‹Oâ€‹6â€‹) and oxygen (Oâ€‹2â€‹). â€‹Make sure all of your answers are in a different color. 1. How do plants on Earth affect the amount of carbon in Earthâ€™s atmosphere? Plants take in carbon dioxide and process it into oxygen. 2. Animals eat plants and produce carbon dioxide and water. How do animals affect the amount of carbon in Earthâ€™s atmosphere? They eat plants that process carbon dioxide and when they eat theses plants, there are fewer plants that can process the carbon dioxide. Gizmo Warm-up The â€‹Carbon Cycle â€‹Gizmo allows you to follow the many paths an atom of carbon can take through Earthâ€™s systems. To begin, notice the black carbon atom in the â€‹Atmospheric COâ€‹2 â€‹area, â€‹highlighted in yellowâ€‹. â€‹The glowing blue areas represent possible locations the carbon atom could go next. 1. From Earthâ€™s atmosphere, where can the carbon atom go next? â€‹Oceanic Co2, land plants, and exposed rock 2. Click on â€‹Land plants â€‹and â€‹read the description (at the bottom of the simulation)â€‹. How did the carbon atom get from the atmosphere to a plant? â€‹Plants use energy from the sun for photosynthesis. Most of the oxygen is released. 3. Select â€‹Land animalsâ€‹. How did the carbon atom get from land plants into the animal (â€‹read the description )â€‹? â€‹Land animals consume plants for energy. 4. Select â€‹Atmospheric COâ€‹2â€‹. How did the carbon atom get from land animals back to the atmosphere? â€‹They release carbon dioxide back into the atmosphere through cellularrespirationÂ
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.