In this week’s Discussion, you will analyze the accounting policies of a company, and discuss your findings with your colleagues. How does the company account for its receivables? Did the company manage its receivables effectively?
Select any publicly traded manufacturing or merchandising company. Visit the company’s website, and locate their SEC filings, in particular their 10-K. These filings will include their financial statements and notes to those statements. In these statements, find the section on significant accounting policies and look at the note to those financial statements (usually the first note).
Post at least 200 words addressing the following points:
How did the company value its receivables?
How did it determine the balance in the allowance for doubtful accounts?
Did the allowance for doubtful accounts remain constant as a percentage of gross receivables for all the years presented? Explain the results of this analysis.
Identify the amount of receivables written off. In light of these write-offs, discuss how effectively this company has managed its receivable collections over the periods presented.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.