The attached files are resources to help you prepare for your clinical practice associated with substance use disorders. You will need to be familiar with them. You should print or save the AUDIT instruments for reference as well.
http://www.integration.samhsa.gov/AUDIT_screener_for_alcohol.pdf” rel=”noreferrer noopener” target=”_blank”>AUDITLinks to an external site.
http://www.integration.samhsa.gov/images/res/tool_auditc.pdf” rel=”noreferrer noopener” target=”_blank”>AUDIT-CLinks to an external site.
Discuss differences in the AUDIT tool and the AUDIT-C tool.
Briefly, what are pros and cons of using AUDIT-C vs. full AUDIT instrument?
· In order to evaluate alcohol consumption and spot risky drinking, the World Health Organization created the Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT). The Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT) is a 10-item questionnaire designed to assess alcohol use disorder symptoms and severity. Reliability, validity, and efficacy of the AUDIT in identifying alcohol use problems across populations have all been established.
· The Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT)-C is a brief, three-item variant of the full AUDIT instrument. The AUDIT-C asks about alcohol intake on three separate occasions: how often, how much, and how often one engages in binge drinking. The AUDIT-C is a brief assessment instrument, while the complete AUDIT is utilized for more in-depth evaluation and diagnosis.
· The AUDIT-C is a condensed version of the complete AUDIT, making it more manageable in busy primary care settings. Also, it is less prone to rater bias and simpler to administer and grade than the complete AUDIT. Reliability, validity, and effectiveness of the AUDIT-C in detecting alcohol usage across populations have all been established.
· Verhoog, S., Dopmeijer, J. M., De Jonge, J. M., Van Der Heijde, C. M., Vonk, P., Bovens, R. H., … & Kuipers, M. A. (2020). The use of the alcohol use disorders identification test-Consumption as an indicator of hazardous alcohol use among university students. European addiction research, 26(1), 1-9.
· Brummer, J., Bloomfield, K., Karriker-Jaffe, K. J., Pedersen, M. M., & Hesse, M. (2023). Using the alcohol use disorders identification test to predict hospital admission for alcohol-related conditions in the Danish general population: a record-linkage study. Addiction, 118(1), 86-94.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.