Response Paper III Guidelines
Due: March 20 by 11:59 PM to D2L
The purpose of this paper is to analyze, synthesize, and discuss the perspectives, viewpoints, and ideas discussed
in relation to Bram Stoker’s Dracula. In this way, we will engage in historical / cultural analysis, make cross-
cultural comparisons and connections, and further develop your writing skills.
Analysis Paper III: Topics (Choose ONE; be sure to identify which topic you chose in the upper left-hand
corner of your paper)
Topic 1: Orientalism. What are some of the ways in which the novel Dracula (and the Count himself) represent
a Western fear of “reverse colonization” or “infection” by the “exotic” East? How does the novel try to define
the West in a positive light and the East as “backwards”? You should include an appropriate quotation from
Stephen Arata’s article, “The Occidental Tourist: Dracula and the Anxiety of Reverse Colonization.”
Topic 2: Discuss the role of sexuality and/or gender in Dracula. What does the novel suggest about sexual
behavior and/or views of women’s (or men’s) roles in society in Victorian England? How do the female
characters in the novel reinforce beliefs about “separate spheres” and how do they challenge them? You should
include an appropriate quotation from Kathryn Hughes’ article “Gender Roles in the 19th Century.”
The minimum word-count for this assignment is 300-words; the maximum word-count is 500 words.
Ideally, you will structure your paper as follows.
1. An introductory paragraph, which contains a clear thesis statement outlining your argument.
2. A body paragraph, which makes connections between the topic and the course material
3. A brief summation and a final statement that represents the key take-away / idea from your paper.
You may deviate from this structure, but the majority of the paper should draw connections between the course
materials. You do not have a lot of space, so be sure to get straight to the point and not worry about making a
lengthy introduction or conclusion.
You should NOT summarize the texts or worry about re-telling ideas or a plot (if discussing a narrative);
assume the reader is familiar with the texts referenced. No more than 50 words may be devoted to plot
synopsis. You need to react and respond to the materials, making connections which will lead to analysis. Any
personal opinions included in the essay should be based on thoughtful analysis of the topic and materials
No late papers will be accepted for full credit.
Criteria for Formatting & Submission
Your analysis should:
Be typed, double-spaced, with no changes to the margins
Be in Calibri 11 or Times New Roman 12 font
Be spell- and grammar-checked
Adhere to academic register (use formal language, refrain from clichés, spell out contractions, etc.)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.