Reply week 14Â
Make reply with 200 words in two answers to your peers with one reference
1-Studentâ€™s name: Yaimi Quintana Marrero
Course: MSN 5270 Advanced Theoretical Perspectives for Nursing
Â The health of children or people who are unable to talk for themselves is frequently evaluated in the healthcare sector using proxy subjective health status or evaluation methods. This approach involves gathering information about the individual’s health status through someone else, known as a proxy, who may be a parent, caregiver, or health professional. The use of representative measures is based on the assumption that the proxy has the knowledge, insight, and ability to report the individual’s health status accurately. However, using proxy measures can also have significant ramifications that must be carefully considered. In this discussion, we will examine the underlying assumptions of using proxy subjective health status measures and the potential consequences of their use.
One of the underlying assumptions of this approach is that the caregiver is knowledgeable about the individual’s health and can accurately assess their condition. This assumption may only sometimes be accurate, as the caregiver may not understand the individual’s health history well or may be biased in their assessment (Wiltink & Ebster, 2019). For example, a caregiver may underestimate the extent of a child’s illness because they do not want to worry about it or may overestimate it to secure more resources.
Another assumption is that the caregiver is available and willing to provide the assessment. In some cases, the caregiver may not be present or unwilling to participate in the assessment, leading to missing data or unreliable information (Mangione-Smith, 2022). Additionally, the caregiver may need more time to provide an assessment, which can result in incomplete or inaccurate information.
The potential ramifications of using proxy subjective health status evaluations are numerous. One of the most significant is that the assessment may need to accurately reflect the individual’s health status (Law & Russell, 2019). This can result in correct diagnoses, mismanagement of symptoms, and appropriate treatment. For instance, if a child’s caregiver overestimates their illness, they may receive unnecessary medical treatments, which can cause harm or delay necessary care.
Another potential ramification is the impact on the individual’s quality of life. If the assessment is inaccurate, the individual may not receive the support they need to manage their health, which can lead to a decline in their overall well-being. This can also result in decreased engagement in activities and decreased participation in the community (Kim et al., 2019). Moreover, proxy subjective health status evaluations can significantly affect public health and healthcare systems. For example, if many individual
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.