BIOS242, Week 1-OL
Lab 1: Lab Safety
Â· Use the correct clothing to work in the lab
Â· Describe the doâ€™s and donâ€™ts in a laboratory
Â· Correctly use the lab safety equipment
Â· React in an emergency situation
Introduction: About Lab safety virtual simulations lab
Laboratories can be very dangerous, especially if youâ€™ve never set foot in one before. So in this simulation, youâ€™ll get the chance to make your debut in a virtual one! You will learn how to use the lab safety equipment, and how to react in case of an emergency. Detect and eliminate sources of danger and pass on your lab safety knowledge to friends.
Safety first! Always pay attention to potential hazards when you enter a lab. In this simulation, you will create a tidy and safe working environment by identifying and eliminating hazards in the lab. You will be introduced to the lab safety rules and the safety equipment, which will help you and your colleagues, if something was to go wrong in a real lab.
You will be introduced to the basic hazard symbols used to categorize dangerous materials. Youâ€™ll use this knowledge to prevent dangerous situations, like acid spills. But you will also learn how to deal with unlabeled, potentially hazardous chemicals. By mastering such situations in this simulation, you wonâ€™t have to worry about being exposed to any real danger. You will learn how to operate the eye-wash and also get an introduction to various other pieces of lab safety equipment.
Spread your knowledge
It is important to share your newly acquired knowledge with your colleagues. In this simulation, you will meet your friend Lucy whoâ€™s never worked in a lab before. Pass on your lab safety knowledge and help her dress appropriately for a day in the lab.
Will you be able to apply your knowledge, and make sure that you and your friend stay safe in the laboratory?
1. Purpose: Please describe in complete sentences and in your own words, the purpose of this experiment.
2. Why is it important to wear closed toe shoes in lab?
3. What is the importance of cleaning work bench before and after use?
4. If you have spillage or work bench contamination, what are the steps required to make the surface sterile again?
5. What are the different types of hazardous material generated in Micro lab? Give some ways of their proper disposal.
6. Write a reflection on this lab exercise- 5 sentences on what you learned with this simulation.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.