Read/review the following resources for this activity:
â€¢ Textbook: Chapter 8, 9, 17 (Introduction)
â€¢ Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Click on the following tabs to review the concepts that will be addressed in this activity:
â€¢ Valid Argument Structures
A valid structure is the way in which an argument is put together that assures it will pass
the test of logical strength.
The Basic Structure of Deductive and Inductive Arguments â€¨
Click on the following links to view argument examples:
Deductive Argument Example
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, address the following:
â€¢ Find and post examples of deductive and inductive arguments. Do NOT use an
argument example which clearly indicates it is an example of an inductive/
â€¢ For each example, evaluate its logical strength, using the concepts and ideas
presented in the textbook readings, the lesson, and any other source you find
that helps you to evaluate the validity (deductive) or strength (inductive) of the
argument. You can use examples from the text, or you can find examples
â—¦ Editorials and opinion columns are a good source, as are letters to the
editor. Blogs will also often be based on arguments.
â—¦ Use mapping and evaluative techniques to make sure it is an argument.
â€¢ Is it inductive or deductive? Explain why.
â€¢ Does it pass the tests of validity and strength? Explain.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least one peer. Further the dialogue by providing more information and
clarification. Do you agree with their analysis â€“ be very specific about why you agree or
â€¢ Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
â€¢ Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside
â€¢ APA format for in-text citations and list of references
Coleridge, S. T., & Lowell, J. R. (1919). The rime of the ancient mariner (pp. 699-717). Scott,
Steele, D. (2016). ‘The Rime of the Ancient Mariner’by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. Teaching
Drama, 2016(67), 1-1.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.