Psychology and Social Justice 305
Reflection Topic 4
Weâ€™ve discussed childrenâ€™sâ€™ unique experience in our society. Their identities are intersectional and embedded in systems. Choose one (1) of the three American VALUES below (i.e. Ideology; Macrosystem)
a. EQUALITY / EGALITARIANISM People have equal opportunities; people are important as individuals, for who they are, not from which family they come. Result: A society where little deference is shown or status is acknowledged
b. INDIVIDUALISM, INDEPENDENCE AND PRIVACY People are seen as separate individuals (not group members) with individual needs. People need time to be alone and to be themselves. Result: Americans may be seen as self-centered and sometimes isolated and lonely.
c. SELF-HELP Americans take pride in their own accomplishments. Result: Americans give respect for self-achievements not achievements based on rights of birth.
2. Consider the ways in which the VALUE, in its current form functions to reinforce the oppression of marginalized youth in the year 2022 (viz., our current Zeitgeist).
a. You may consider the identity of the child (i.e. sex, age, ability, race, gender identity, nationality, language, religion, sexual orientation etc.). You may also consider intersectionality.
3. Describe how your service learning site enforces or reinforces this value.
4. What role does your service learning site play in challenging and/or reinforcing this value? (viz., even if your service site doesnâ€™t impact children directly)
5. In your opinion, how do we reduce the epidemic of poor outcomes (i.e. Trauma) for marginalized youth? Please frame your answer in relation to your chosen value.
Resources (i.e. choose the resources that support your topic)
Short Clip of Tightrope PBS
PBS news story –Children arriving at the border 2018
PBS Talk about Race and Racism
Youth Advocacy-Community Partners
Anand Giridharadas — A tale of two Americas
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.