Case Study Module 8 MSN5550
MSN 5550 Health Promotion: Prevention of Disease Case Study Module 8 Instructions: Read the following case study and answer the reflective questions.
CASE STUDY: Active Labor: Susan Wong Mrs. Wong, a first-time mother, is admitted to the birthing suite in early labor after spontaneous rupture of membranes at home. She is at 38 weeks of gestation with a history of abnormal alpha-fetoprotein levels at 16 weeks of pregnancy. She was scheduled for ultrasonography to visualize the fetus to rule out an open spinal defect or Down syndrome, but never followed through. Mrs. Wong and her husband disagreed about what to do (keep or terminate the pregnancy) if the ultrasonography indicated a spinal problem, so they felt they did not want this information. Reflective Questions
1. As the nurse, what priority data would you collect from this couple to help define relevant interventions to meet their needs?
2. How can you help this couple if they experience a negative outcome in the birthing
suite? What are your personal views on terminating or continuing a pregnancy with a risk of a potential anomaly? What factors may influence your views?
3. With the influence of the recent Human Genome Project and the possibility of
predicting open spinal defects earlier in pregnancy, how will maternity care change in the future?
An informal essay is a type of essay that is written in a casual and conversational tone. It’s often used to express personal opinions, experiences, and observations. Here are some steps you can follow to write an informal essay:
Choose a topic: The first step in writing an informal essay is to choose a topic that you are interested in. It can be about a personal experience, a hobby, a book or movie you enjoyed, or any other topic that you want to write about.
Brainstorm ideas: Once you have a topic in mind, brainstorm ideas and jot down notes on what you want to write about. Think about your personal experiences, opinions, and observations that relate to the topic.
Create an outline: Use your notes to create an outline for your essay. An informal essay doesn’t require a strict structure, but it should have an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Write the introduction: In the introduction, you should grab the reader’s attention and introduce your topic. You can start with a personal anecdote or a thought-provoking question.
Write the body paragraphs: The body paragraphs should expand on the topic you introduced in the introduction. Use examples, anecdotes, and personal experiences to support your ideas. You can also use quotes or references to support your argument.
Write the conclusion: In the conclusion, you should summarize your main points and restate your thesis statement. You can also offer some final thoughts on the topic.
Edit and revise: Once you have written your essay, take some time to edit and revise it. Check for grammar and spelling errors, and make sure your ideas flow logically.
Remember, an informal essay is a type of personal essay that allows you to express yourself in a casual and conversational tone. It’s important to write in a way that is authentic and reflects your personality.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.