Module 1: Discussion 1
44 unread replies.44 replies.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.Â
How to live to be 100+ by Dan Buettner
How to live to be 100+ – Dan BuettnerLinks to an external site.
The lifespan of adults in the United States has increased substantially since the early 1900s. The average lifespan in 1900 was 48 years whereas the average lifespan in 2020 was 78.8 years. However, within the US, there are substantial differences in life expectancy based on demographic factors such as sex, race or ethnicity, socioeconomic status, location where one lives, etc. Moreover, the US currently ranks 28th out of 37 for life expectancy among similar economically developed countries. That is, we are in the bottom 10 for life expectancy when compared to other economically developed countries (https://www.americashealthrankings.org/learn/reports/2020-annual-report/international-comparisonLinks to an external site.).
Based on the textbook readings, the information provided in the video above and external resources as appropriate, explain why (a) life expectancy has increased in the US and (b) why life expectancy in the US is lower compared to other countries. In your response, consider (1) what factors contribute to older adults living a long, healthy life, (2) what factors contribute to a shorter lifespan or life expectancy and and (3) factors or areas the US would need to improve upon to improve life expectancy and catch up to other countries.Â
You must post an initial reply post by ,3/15 Your initial reply post must meet the definition of substantive. Briefly, it must be 200- 250 words in length and clearly demonstrate synthesis and understanding of the course materials related to the question topic. It must be well-written with few grammatical or spelling errors. It must include at least 1 reference to either a peer-reviewed article or the textbook.Â
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.