Module 1 – Case
The History of Business Ethics and Stakeholder Theory in America
The first part of your reading in Daniel Terrisâ€™ book will include an overview of Lockheed Martinâ€™s organization and will lay out the research plan that Terris used to obtain information necessary for his work. This will be followed by a general overview of the evolution of business ethics in America.
- Based on your readings, describe what you consider to be the responsibility of top leadership in a large organization with respect to reaching a balance between profits and stakeholder concerns. Please support your position by giving some examples from the text or from other sources where CEOs did a good or poor job of finding this balance.
- Terris discusses the history of business ethics in America since the late 1800s with respect to anti-competitive practices, seeking unfair advantage through immoral arrangements with suppliers and public officials, failing to adhere to laws and regulations, and lack of transparency. Discuss to what extent you believe things to be better or worse in the present day for businesses in general.
- On page 41, Terris discusses the ideas of Howard Bowen regarding the evolution of social responsibility of businesses. To what extent do you think his predictions held true since 1953?
According to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.), there are three reasons why we need to use proper citations and references.Â
â€œensuring the accuracy of scientific findingsâ€ (p. 10). â€“ How do we know if what you are reading is really the truth? We can look at the citation and the reference and do further research to make sure what you are reading and what you are basing your research on is correct.
â€œprotecting the rights and welfare of research participants and subjectsâ€ (p. 10). â€“ People deserve to get credit for their work. When you earn a degree and go on to do research, you will want credit for the work you have published.
â€œprotecting intellectual property rightsâ€ (p. 10). â€“ When we refer to inventions, we should give credit to the person who invented the item, trademarked the item, or developed a design. This protects their work.
A reference system also allows the reader to use the in-text citation and reference page to find out how to do further research when they find a topic of interest. It can save a lot of time.
As educated students, we should know the APA Style rules and work to perfect them.
Below are three common mistakes that cost Trident Students. Reviewing these examples should help you improve your grade and also make future assignments easier.
APA Point 1: Where does the period go in an in-text citation?
The use of a period. The period indicate
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.