Take a moment to think about the following:It is possible that the United States will eventually have a national health care system. In a system such as this, it is typical for taxes on income to increase substantially to cover the costs of medical care for everyone. As discussed in the text, being overweight places an individual at substantial risk for a multitude of diseases, such as heart disease and diabetes which are expensive. Although there is reason to suspect that there is a genetic component to being overweight, there are also lifestyle components—such as eating high-fat, high-calorie food. Now, think about the following questions and provide your thoughts and reflections on them:Should high-fat and high-calorie food be taxed to try to offset the medical expenses for obesity-related illnesses? Why or why not?Is it fair for individuals who eat healthy and have a healthy lifestyle to pay for the medical care of those who choose not to eat or live healthy? Why or why not?Do you think such a tax would cause people to eat less high-fat and high-calorie foods? Why or why not?What other lifestyle choices that are detrimental to health would need to be considered?If health insurance was more like car insurance (i.e., the more you use it the more you need to pay), do you think that type of system would increase healthy behaviors? Why or why not?A number of sources have pointed to school lunches as a major contributor to the increased incidence of obesity in school children. In recent years, British celebrity chef Jamie Oliver (the “Naked Chef”) has begun a one-man campaign to change the British school lunch system to include more healthy options and to ban junk food. This theme is making its way to the United States in the form of the ABC television show The Food Revolution. Check out the very brief overview of these initiatives here: https://www.jamieoliver.com/features/food-revolution/ Feel free to explore some of the linked initiatives as well towards the bottom of the post. Then, answer the following questions:Do they think he will be successful? Why or why not?What obstacles will he face?What are the benefits and liabilities if he is successful?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.