Prepare the date -Â Replace all bundle prices (highlighted in YELLOW) on theÂ AnalysisÂ tab of theÂ workingÂ sheet –Â â€œBundling – PSet1 â€“ Part 2â€Â — by following these steps:
- Go to WTP tab and look for the row with total willingness to pay for each bundle (row 103, Bundle WTP).
- Add a new sheet/tab and use Excelâ€™s transpose function to copy/paste these values in a vertical array. Copy this array and paste â€˜values onlyâ€™ in a separate column. Sort this column from smallest to largest values. Copy/paste the sorted values in Analysis tab to replace the bundle prices.
- Observe the newÂ Bundle DemandÂ andÂ Bundle ProfitÂ curves.
- Step 2
For students in EU: You may need to change an Excel setting so all periods ‘.’ do not get changed to commas ‘,’. This may be the case for both Windows (see the adjacent cell) and Macintosh users. See instructions below to avoid this problem. (https://resrequest.helpspot.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=277).Â Instructions about how to change column labels from numbers to letters:Â
- Select the File tab in the toolbar at the top of the screen
- Click on Options in the menu
- This will pop open the Excel Options window, click on the Formulas option on the left
- Uncheck the option called “R1C1 reference style”
- Click on the OK button to save changes
- Step 3
In theÂ AnalysisÂ tab, calculateÂ theÂ emptyÂ cells highlighted in YELLOW to answer the Part 2 questions below.
- Hint:Â Do not forget that you have other tabs to utilize for this assignment. Review the prompts and formulas available in the spreadsheet as you work through each question.Â
- For numeric values, you should enter up toÂ 2 decimal places.Â Follow the format exactly as given.Â No exception will be allowed for typo mistakes.
- Using the numbers created in your â€œBundling – PSet1 â€“ Part 2â€ Excel spreadsheet, answer the following questions.Â
- What is the optimal price of a bundle? (Format as $0.00) Blank 1
- Blank 1
- What are the maximum profits of the firm? (Format as $0.00) Blank 1
- Blank 1
- How much consumer surplus do consumers keep? (Format as $0.00) Blank 1
- Blank 1
- At this price, what proportion of songs with positive value are not sold? (Format as 0.00%) Blank 1
- Blank 1
- Do any consumers’ bundles include songs that they did NOT rate?
- Not enough information
- How much social value isÂ notÂ created? (Format as $0.00) Blank 1
- Blank 1
- Total sales have increased, but does this mean total surplus kept by consumers has also increased?Â Â
- No. Anâ€¯evenâ€¯higher proportion ofâ€¯consumer surplus has been transferred to the seller.Â
- No. Consumers keep none of theirâ€¯surplus.Â
- Yes. Because sales increase, consumer surplus also increases.Â
- Yes. Because the seller has captured lessÂ surplusâ€¯.Â
- What other change should be made to the original pricing strategy if the MC of each good is MC=$0.12 rather than MC=$0?Â
- Return to independent good pricingÂ
- Drop all items with WTP < $0.12 from each personâ€™s individual bundleÂ
- Raise bundle price by $0.12Â
- No change, keep as-isÂ Â
- o upload your Excel Spreadsheet — “Bundling – PSet1 – Part 2”. You are not required to type into the open field (skip it).
|ITEM SALES||ITEM PRICE||PROFIT||BUN SALES||BUN PRICE||BUN PROFIT|
|8000||0.10||800.00||100||1||100.00||<————||Bundled price must change to the sorted (and transposed) Total WTP for each Consumer from the WTP sheet|
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.