You are required to view a contemporary, original piece of art in your area and compare/contrast it to an ancient work from your text, after analyzing both pieces. For example, if you choose a portrait of a leader, find one in your text; if you choose a building, like a church, find one in your text to compare.
Note: If a museum is not available, try your public library, local community college, or an art gallery for sculptures, parks for statues, or government buildings for paintings. Also, dont forget that architecture is an art form. Look around for a church or an interesting building. Art is everywhere!
Your paper should address the following:
Identification: Provide Identifying details for each work (10 points = 5 points for each work):
Artist: Who was the artist?
Title of the work: What is the title of the work?
Date: When was the work created?
Media: How/with what was the work created?
Location: Where is the work from your area displayed? For the work from your text, please also include the page number.
Description: What does each work look like? (100 points = 50 points for each work):
Describe the subject matter of each work, in detail. Imagine you are describing the work to a blind person; use that level of detail. For example, dont just say theres a house in a field.
Identify and discuss five formal elements of art (Choose from line, shape, color, texture, space, contrast, scale, balance, and emphasis) in detail, for each work. For instance, dont just tell me there were lines in the work, tell me what kind (straight, curved, horizontal, diagonal, thick, thin, implied, etc.) and tell me how they affect the composition (lines dominate the left half of the work, etc.).
Compare and Contrast the two (2) works (70 points):
Compare and contrast the works (Do not compare the terms from part 2), and answer these questions in your analysis: How are the works similar and how are they different? Is the message or function the same? Is the intended audience different? Do they look alike or not? Has the meaning changed over time?
Also discuss such things as symbolism and purpose (aesthetic, social commentary, propaganda, etc.) and evaluate the effectiveness of the works.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.