Select 1 of these topics to focus on when doing.
1. Although Socrates never wrote anything, his ideas were captured and communicated by his student, Plato. You have already read a selection from Plato’s Republic. Also consider the document “The Defense of Socrates,” (https://www.gutenberg.org/files/13726/13726-h/13726-h.htm) in which Socrates defends himself when he is on trial for his life before the Athenian assembly. How do these documents trace out a vision of Socratic philosophy? What is the goal? What is the method? In what ways might the philosophical approach still be of value today?
2. The section on the Roman Empire provided accounts from Augustus, Nero, and Marcus Aurelius. This should also consider an account (again, from Suetonius) of the Emperor Domitian, (http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Suetonius/12Caesars/Domitian*.html). How do these various documents demonstrate both the ideals for Roman Emperors and their practice? How did Emperors both shape and respond to culture in the Empire? How do you assess an institution in which these four emperors (among many others) were in charge?
3. The Early Christian Church remains a topic of on-going interest. In addition to the documents for the course, also consider, “The Epistle of Mathetes to Diognetus,” (http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/diognetus-roberts.html) and Clement of Alexandria’s Stromata, (https://www.newadvent.org/fathers/02101.htm). How did the Early Church relate to its broader culture? What did it share with Greco-Roman culture, what did it reject, and what did it transform? How does this help us understand the growth of the Early Christian Church?
Plagiarism: Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
I included the links next to the topics in bold.
Writing an essay outline is an important step in the writing process. An outline helps you organize your thoughts and ideas, and it makes it easier to write a well-structured essay. Here are the steps to help you write an essay outline like writers do:
Choose a topic: The first step in writing an essay outline is to choose a topic for your essay. It’s important to choose a topic that you are interested in and one that you have enough information on.
Brainstorm ideas: Once you have a topic, brainstorm ideas and jot down notes on what you want to write about. Think about your thesis statement, main points, and supporting evidence.
Create a thesis statement: Your thesis statement is the main point of your essay. It should be clear and concise, and it should express the main idea that you want to convey in your essay.
Organize your main points: Organize your main points into a logical order. Each main point should be a topic sentence that supports your thesis statement. Use bullet points or numbers to organize your main points.
Gather supporting evidence: Gather supporting evidence for each of your main points. This may include facts, statistics, or examples.
Write an introduction: In the introduction, introduce your topic and provide some background information on it. End the introduction with your thesis statement.
Write the body paragraphs: The body paragraphs should each focus on a specific main point. Start each paragraph with a topic sentence that relates to your thesis statement. Provide evidence to support your main point and use examples and personal experience to illustrate your points.
Write a conclusion: In the conclusion, summarize your main points and restate your thesis statement. Provide a final thought or call to action.
Edit and revise: Once you have completed your essay outline, take some time to edit and revise it. Check for grammar and spelling errors, and make sure your ideas flow logically.
Remember, an essay outline is a roadmap for your essay. It helps you organize your thoughts and ideas, and it makes it easier to write a well-structured essay. With these steps, you can write an essay outline like writers do.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.