health promo week 9
1. Post: Compare and contrast the growth and developmental patterns of two toddlers of different ages using Gordonâ€™s functional health patterns. Describe and apply the components of Gordonâ€™s functional health patterns as it applies to toddlers.Â
400 words.Â Â
Reply to at least two other student posts with a reflection of their response.Â Â
Please make sure to provide citations and references (in APA, 7th ed. format) for your work. Â Â
2. Response to others
Response 1 Lisbet
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Children between the ages of 1 and 4 are also known as toddlers. Gordon’s functional health pattern helps nurses efficiently compare and contrast toddlers’ growth and development patterns. There are about 11 health patterns, according to Gordon. The designs vary in every individual and help establish every toddler’s uniqueness, reflecting on a family’s strengths and weaknesses. Gordon s health patterns include elimination, activity and exercise, sleep and rest habits, health perception and management, self-perception and self-concept, and relationships and roles. In this discussion, I will briefly compare and contrast the growth and development patterns of a one-year-old and a three-year-old toddler girl.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â A 1-year-old and a 3-year-old show differences regarding Gordon’s functional health patterns. For instance, a one-year-old child has less physical activity and exercise than a three-year-old child. A one-year-old child is only able to show somebody’s movements. In contrast, a three-year-old child can engage in activities such as walking, playing and even dancing, which increases their exercise and physical activities. A 1-year-old child most likely breastfeeds, only takes fluids for nutritional benefits, and exhibits a lower metabolism. In contrast, a three-year-old can consume several foods such as eggs, meat, fish, fruits, vegetables and carbohydrate sources for diet and shows improved metabolism compared to a one-year-old girl. Undergo elimination or ejection; a one-year-old cannot display clues to help a guardian or a parent help with the process, whereas a three-year-old is most likely developing noticeable hints which enable a mother or a guardian to help the child with the process.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â There are also similarities in the functional health patterns of a one-year-old and a three-year-old toddler. A year and a three-year-old child can progressively use sensory functions to facilitate cognition and perception of everything within their surroundings. As a result, the children can master a few things over time, especially after continuous exposure, improving the stimulation’s mastery. Both toddlers have similar roles in their families and often exhibit close relationships with family members, the closest being the mother and the father (Barnett et. al, 2022). Both toddlers often have about 12 to 13 hours of sleep and rest. However, as the child approaches their 3rd birthday, the sleep hours tend to reduce gradually. Adjusting their sleep patterns to facilitate a smooth transition to avoid fatigue and stimulate prime learning and development is necessary.
Morgan, C., Fetters, L., Adde, L., Badawi, N., Bancale, A., Boyd, R. N., … & Novak, I. (2021). Â Early intervention for children aged 0 to 2 years with or at high risk of cerebral palsy: Â Â Â international clinical practice guideline base
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.