(1) provide short answer to each of the following questions
(2) if possible, provide proper charts/tables that can support your arguments in each question
(3) ensure the measures used in your visual are good fit to answer the question, especially the LOD of you chart/table fits the question/answer.
1. Describe the dataset:
Data type of each column: categorical or quantitative (dimension or measure in Tableau terms)
Are there hierarchical variable structures? If yes, what are they?
What is the entity that each row represents, and LOD?
2. Given these categorical and quantitative variables, would you be able to answer the following questions by analyzing the dataset? Explain your answer.
Question: Is the company profit growing overtime?
Exemplar Yes answer:
Yes. This question can be answered by analyzing the given data. To answer this question, required data include sum of sales profit over time. The dataset provides the variable of sales profit and order date, which is sufficient to answer this question. Following is a chart to support our answer.
Exemplar No answer:
No. This question cannot be answered by analyzing the given data. To answer this question, required data include sum of sales profit over time. The dataset does not have the profit variable and it is not inferable from any existing variables.
* Are stores the coastal areas have a higher profit than the inland areas?
* What are the products having the highest and lowest average profit?
* What products are usually purchased in multiple units?
* What products or categories are frequently shipped late?
* What areas are frequently having orders shipped late?
* What the branch offices/areas have relatively high cost?
* What the branch offices/areas have relatively high operation cost?
3. Visualize the companys financial performance:
* Make line chart on top of bar chart to show sum profits on top of sum sales. A bar represent a state.
* Make line chart on top of bar chart to show sum profits on top of sum sales. A bar represent a month. It must show all the months over all available years.
* Use Map to show states of US. On each state, show average orders quantity (use size to code it) and order profits (use color to code it) for the state. If the average order profit is negative, use the red color family else use green color family to show it. Required filters:
(a) By customer segment
(b) By product categories
(c) By region
|Category||CityName||Customer Name||Discount||Order Date||Order ID||PostalCode||Product Name||Profit||Quantity||Region||Sales||Segment||Ship Date||Ship Mode||StateName||Sub-Category||Days to Ship Actual||Sales Forecast||Ship Status||Days to Ship Scheduled||daysLateShip||Sales per Customer||Profit Ratio|
|Office Supplies||Houston||Darren Powers||0.2||1/4/11||CA-2011-103800||77095||Message Book, Wirebound, Four 5 1/2″ X 4″ Forms/Pg., 200 Dupl. Sets/Book||$6||2||Central||$16||Consumer||1/8/11||Standard Class||Texas||Paper||4||$22||Shipped Early||6||2||$16.45||33.80%|
|Office Supplies||Naperville||Phillina Ober||0.8||1/5/11||CA-2011-112326||60540||GBC Standard Plastic Binding Systems Combs||($5)||2||Central||$4||Home Office||1/9/11||Standard Class||Illinois||Binders||4||$5||Shipped Early||6||2||$3.54||-155.00%|
|Office Supplies||Naperville||Phillina Ober||0.2||1/5/11||CA-2011-112326||60540||Avery 508||$4||3||Central||$12||Home Office||1/9/11||Standard Class||Illinois||Labels||4||$15||Shipped Early||6||2||$11.78||36.30%|
|Office Supplies||Naperville||Phillina Ober||0.2||1/5/11||CA-2011-112326||60540||SAFCO Boltless Steel Shelving||($65)||3||Central||$273||Home Office||1/9/11||Standard Class||Illinois||Storage||4||$357||Shipped Early||6||2||$272.74||-23.80%|
|Office Supplies||Philadelphia||Mick Brown||0.2||1/6/11||CA-2011-141817||19143||Avery Hi-Liter EverBold Pen Style Fluorescent Highlighters, 4/Pack||$5||3||East||$20||Consumer||1/13/11||Standard Class||Pennsylvania||Art||7||$26||Shipped Late||6||-1||$19.54||25.00%|
|Office Supplies||Athens||Jack O’Briant||0||1/7/11||CA-2011-106054||30605||Dixon Prang Watercolor Pencils, 10-Color Set wi
Why Choose Us
How it Works