GEB4890 Business Strategy and Policy
Week 1 Assignment
In your textbook Strategic Management 13th edition:
-Analyze and answer Chapter 1 Questions for review and critical thinking:
1.What are strategic competitiveness, strategy, competitive advantage, above-average returns, and the strategic management process?
2.What are the characteristics of the current competitive landscape? What two factors are the primary drivers of this landscape?
3.According to the I/O model, what should a firm do to earn above-average returns?
4.What does the resource-based model suggest a firm should do to earn above-average returns?
5.What are vision and mission? What is their value for the strategic management process?
Different MLA citation editions
The Modern Language Association (MLA) citation style has undergone several updates since its first publication in 1985. The most recent edition is the 8th edition, published in 2016. The following is a brief overview of the different editions of MLA citation:
MLA 1st Edition (1985) – The first edition of MLA citation style provided basic guidelines for referencing various types of sources, including books, articles, and electronic resources.
MLA 2nd Edition (1988) – The second edition introduced changes to the format for citing electronic resources, as well as minor updates to the way sources were listed in works cited pages.
MLA 3rd Edition (1998) – The third edition provided further guidelines for citing electronic sources, and added new sections on evaluating sources and conducting research.
MLA 4th Edition (2000) – The fourth edition made minor revisions to the citation format for various types of sources, including websites and databases.
MLA 5th Edition (1999) – The fifth edition provided updated guidelines for citing sources in a more digital age, including how to cite sources from the Internet and how to reference multimedia sources.
MLA 6th Edition (2003) – The sixth edition made significant changes to the citation format, including the use of hanging indents for entries in the works cited page, and a shift towards a more parenthetical citation format within the text of a paper.
MLA 7th Edition (2009) – The seventh edition made further updates to the citation format, including changes to the way sources are listed on works cited pages, and the introduction of guidelines for citing new forms of digital media, such as social media.
Example of MLA 8th edition citation: Book:
Author’s Last Name, First Name. Title of Book. Place of Publication: Publisher, Year of Publication.
Smith, John. The History of the World. New York: Random House, 2022.
Author’s Last Name, First Name. “Title of Article.” Title of Journal volume number (Year of Publication): page numbers.
Jones, Sarah. “The Impact of Technology on Society.” Journal of Social Sciences 5 (2021): 100-110.
Author’s Last Name, First Name. “Title of Webpage.” Website Name, Publisher, Publication Date, URL.
Brown, Michael. “The Future of Virtual Reality.” Tech Review, MIT, 2023, https://techreview.com/future-of-vr.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.