ELSE 5083 Module 5 Family/School Collaboration Plan
Choose a child with a culture different than your own. This plan should be written in APA style 10 pages long, double spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, one inch margins. Each page should be numbered.
See the rubric. Please answer the following questions in your plan. Simple yes or no answers will not suffice. You must be thorough.
a. Organization with clear main ideas
b. Organize topics based upon the interview/questions in a coherent way
c. All aspects of the assignment have been addressed
d. Present information in an objective way
e. Font 12
f. Times New Roman
g. Double spaced
h. Proofread for spelling/grammar
i. APA style
2. Family Interview
1. Provide a clear depiction of the student/family
2. Include description of student’s disability and the impact the disability has upon the family, and the child’s life
3. Include content of other topics addressed by family member
4. Include the list of questions asked
3. Needs Assessment
1. Describe how the family perceives collaboration with the school.
2. Explain the family’s “great expectations” for the child
3. What collaboration strategies work most effectively for the family/child?
4. What suggestions does the family have to improve collaboration?
4. Plan for Collaboration
1. Devise a collaborative plan between the family member(s) and the school.
2. What realistic goals might be established to ensure positive collaboration among all team members.
3. Include a plan that includes all important team members (e.g. special education teacher, student, family, general education teacher(s), administrators), their responsibilities, and shared resources.
5. Reflection and Summary
1. Analyze the interview process. What strikes you about what you learned? What impresses you about the family members and the student? What emotions did the interview evoke in you? How does the family’s culture influence their collaboration with their school?
2. Analyze the collaboration process. What went well? What was easy about with the family members regarding the setting of goals and objectives? Did you disagree on any points? How did you resolve any differences of opinion of perspective?
3. What verbal or non-verbal communication techniques did you employ? What was successful and why? What needs improvement and why? Does your communication style reflect your culture in any way? In other words, critique your own communication style.
4. Did you establish a reliable alliance?
This assignment aligns with the Council for Exceptional Children’s (CEC) Professional Standards, specifically the following:
· Beginning special education professionals understand how exceptionalities may interact with development and learning and use this knowledge to provide meaningful and challenging learning experiences for individuals with exceptionalities (CEC Standard 1).
· Create safe, inclusive, culturally responsive learning environments to engage individuals with exceptionalities in meaningful learning activities and social interactions (CEC Standard 2).
· Use motivational and instructional interventions to teach individuals with exceptionalities how to adapt to different environments (CEC Standard 2).
· Understand and use general and specialized content knowledge for teaching across curricular content areas to individualize learning for individuals with exceptionalities (CEC Standard 3).
· Use multiple types of assessment information in making decisions about individuals with exceptionalities (CEC Standard 4).
· Select, adapt, and use a repertoire of evidence-based instructional strategies to advance learning of individuals with exceptionalities (CEC Standard 5).
· Use theory and elements of effective collaboration (CEC Standard 7).
· Serve as a collaborative resource to colleagues (CEC Standard 7).
· Use collaboration to promote the well being of individuals with exceptionalities across a wide range of settings and collaborators (CEC Standard 7).
Writing style refers to the manner in which a writer chooses to present their ideas and thoughts in written form. It encompasses everything from tone, language choice, sentence structure, and organization to pacing, word choice, and dialogue. Different writing styles are used for different purposes, and each has its own unique features and characteristics. Here are some of the most common writing styles:
Narrative writing: This writing style is used to tell a story or recount events, experiences, or observations. It often employs the use of first or third person narration, dialogue, and sensory details.
Descriptive writing: This writing style aims to create a vivid and imaginative picture of a person, place, thing, or event through the use of sensory details and figurative language.
Expository writing: This writing style is used to provide information, explain a concept, or argue a point. It is often organized in a logical and structured manner, using evidence and facts to support the writer’s claims.
Persuasive writing: This writing style aims to convince the reader to agree with the writer’s point of view. It often employs the use of strong arguments, vivid language, and emotional appeals.
Creative writing: This writing style encompasses a wide range of genres, including fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction. It allows the writer to explore their imagination and experiment with language and form.
Each of these writing styles has its own set of guidelines and conventions, and writers often choose to specialize in one or more styles. Whether writing for academic, professional, or personal purposes, understanding the different writing styles can help writers communicate their ideas more effectively and produce high-quality work.
Some of the things that could make Credencewriters.com stand out as a top- quality service include:
Experienced and qualified writers: The quality of an essay writing service is largely dependent on the qualifications and experience of the writers. Credencewriters.com might have a team of highly-skilled and knowledgeable writers who are capable of producing high-quality essays on a variety of subjects.
Positive customer reviews: Student reviews can be a good indicator of the quality of an essay writing service. If Credencewriters.com has a large number of positive reviews from satisfied customers, this could be a good sign that the service is effective and trustworthy.
Affordable prices: Cost is always a factor when choosing an essay writing service. If Credencewriters.com offers competitive prices while still providing high-quality work, this could make the service attractive to students.
User-friendly website: A user-friendly website with clear information on services, prices, and the ordering process can make a big difference in the overall experience of using an essay writing service. If Credencewriters.com has a well-designed website with easy-to-use features, this could make the service appealing to students.
Strong customer support: Good customer support can help resolve any issues or questions that arise during the use of an essay writing service. If Credencewriters.com has a responsive and helpful support team, this could be a major advantage over other services.
These are just a few of the factors that could make Credencewriters.com stand out as a top-quality essay writing website.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.