Experiment 7: The Common-Collector Amplifier
After completing this experiment, you should be able to,
1. Calculate and measure the DC & AC parameters of the Common-Collector (CC) amplifier.
2. Observe the effect of the by-pass capacitor on amplifier voltage gain.
1. Resistors: (1) 33 k?, 10k?, 100 ?, (2) 1k?
2. Capacitors: 1 µF, 10 µF
3. Transistor: (1) PNP – 2N3906
1. Build the following circuit in multisim.
Figure 1: DC Equivalent circuit of CC amplifier
2. Calculate the DC parameters listed in Table 2 for the circuit shown in Figure 1.
Table 2: Calculated and measured DC parameters
3. Measure and record the values in Table 2 using the DMM.
4. Modify the circuit as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: The Common – Collector Amplifier
Table 3: Calculated and measured AC parameters
10. Set the AC Source voltage to 500mVPP, 1 kHz sinewave.
11. Connect the first channel of the Oscilloscope across the AC source.
12. Connect the second channel of the Oscilloscope across the 1 k? load resistor.
13. You should be able to observe the signals as shown in Figure 3. Note: your scope screen may look different.
Figure 3: Input and Output signals of the CE Amplifier
14. By observing the input and output signals of the amplifier, the phase difference between them is approximately _____0____ degrees.
15. Record the output voltage Table 3.
16. Calculate the voltage gain (Av) using the measured input and output voltages using the formula below. Record the result in Table 3 under Voltage gain Av.
17. Repeat step 15 and 16 by changing the input voltage as shown in Table 3 and record the results.
18. Summarize your observations on voltage gain below.
Popular Research Topics in teaching and learning
Teaching and learning is a crucial area of study, with ongoing research aimed at improving educational outcomes. Some of the most popular research topics in teaching and learning include:
Pedagogy: including the study of effective teaching methods and the development of new teaching strategies.
Assessment and evaluation: including the use of assessments to measure student learning and the development of alternative forms of assessment.
Technology in education: including the use of technology in the classroom, such as digital learning tools and online educational resources.
Student motivation and engagement: including research into what motivates students to learn and how to improve student engagement in the classroom. Differentiated instruction: including the development of teaching strategies that address the diverse learning needs of students.
Early childhood education: including research into the best practices for teaching young children and the development of early childhood educational programs.
Inclusive education: including research into ways to create inclusive classrooms that are welcoming and supportive for all students, regardless of ability or background.
Professional development for teachers: including research into effective professional development programs for teachers and the impact of these programs on teacher practice and student outcomes.
These topics reflect the ongoing need to improve the quality of education and the many areas of study within the field of teaching and learning.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.