DescriptionECON 200 D
Final Exam – Page 2 of 12
1. (23 points) Consider the domestic market for laptops as shown in the graph below.
(a) (5 points) If the laptop market is open for trade, will laptops be imported or exported? How do you know?
(b) (5 points) On the graph above, indicate the regions represent consumer surplus and
producer surplus if the market is open for trade.
ECON 200 D
Final Exam – Page 3 of 12
(c) (5 points) After intense lobbying by domestic laptop manufacturers, the government decides to ban all trade in laptops so that the laptop industry exists in autarky.
On the copy of the graph shown below, shade in the region represents deadweight
loss from the trade restriction.
(d) (3 points) Explain why there is a deadweight loss in the market under autarky even
though the price and quantity of production will be where the domestic demand
curve intersects the domestic supply curve.
(e) (5 points) Suppose instead of moving back to autarky, the government now only
wants to reduce the quantity traded. What are the two tools to achieve the goal?
What are the similarities and di↵erences between these two tools? Considering their
di↵erences, if you are running for an election, which tool are you in favor of?
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.