DUE 03/14/23 @5:00 PM
Midterm Essay Guidelines and Rubric
Topic: Assessment Improvement Activities and the Bilingual Learner: In this assignment, candidates share their knowledge about assessment and bilingual students.
Note, this is a brief essay. Suggested length: 600-800 words (2 pages not including title and references);
Follow these steps:
1. Candidates will write an essay on an assigned topic;
Before you start, review the evaluation rubric (below). Then read through the essay prompt carefully.
Essay: Write a response to the following three points:
1. Based on our study thus far, identify at least 3 methods, activities or instruments teachers and other school professionals use to assess MLL/ELL students. No additional research is needed for this as this comes from our course activities. Then explain the purpose for each of the three assessments you are identifying. You can refer to an assessment idea you have developed, one you have read about or one you have observed through your fieldwork.
For teachers: assessment should focus on language skills and communicative competence. In discussing the assessments you identify, explain the purposes of assessment as they relate to MLL/ELLs and the appropriate use of the results of these assessments.
For school counselors and school psychologists: assessment will go beyond language skills. Still, try to focus your brief answer on the linguistic and cultural components of the assessments.
Differentiating assessments for MLL students: Think about one or two assessments, name them, then identify two different ways you could differentiate an assessment for MLL/ELL students. Be sure to identify the setting and purpose for assessing, i.e. in the social studies classroom, in the ESL classroom, students receiving services from the school counseling office or pre-referral assessment prior to classifying a student as a student with a legally defined disability.
Explain what it means for an assessment to be valid and reliable and free of bias. Next choose one of the assessments you discussed in #1 or #2 above, and connect your thinking about reliability, validity and avoiding bias and how the differentiated assessment you described in #2 can fit these definitions. Thus, this writing gives you the opportunity to think about an assessments you will design for your project this term.
Midterm Exam Evaluation Rubric
Performance Indicators &
Possible grades: A,A-
Possible grades: A,A-, B+, B
Possible grades: B, B-, C+,C, C-F
Brief midterm essay!
For the first one, the focus should be in â€œschool psychologistâ€ these are the types of
â— Main categories or methods are: one-to-one communication, written response, selected
â— Interview, portfolios, storytelling and teacher observation are all very popular methods of
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.