address each of the following:
· Choose one estimation practice from the resources provided in module readings and review its pros and cons.
· Consider a project from work or school that you estimated poorly before. Briefly describe the project, then identify one or two agile estimation practices that could have helped you improve the project estimate.
identify additional agile estimation practices that could have helped improve the project estimates. Explain how the practices could work with the practices already defined.
Estimating the time necessary to complete a project is a challenging task, whether you are estimating how long it will take you to develop a program or even just to complete an assignment for your schoolwork! Agile estimation strategies can be helpful in different types of work, and will hopefully reduce the stress that normally comes along with planning projects.
Munroe, R. Estimating time. XKCD webcomic. Retrieved from: https://xkcd.com/1658/.
Required ResourcesTextbook: The Project Manager’s Guide to Mastering Agile opens in new window , Chapter 7 Chapter 7, Agile Estimation, provides you with knowledge about how to estimate a project scope using the agile model. The chapter outlines the differences between a typical plan-driven or waterfall estimation process and the more desirable agile estimation process. This chapter also describes agile estimation practices such as story points and burn-down charts. As you read, consider the following:
· How do waterfall and agile estimation processes differ? How do agile processes allow for more flexibility?
· How are story points determined?
· What do the burn-down and burn-up charts show?
Reading: Agile Requirements Change Management opens in new window This short reading discusses why and how change is “embraced” by agile teams, especially those working with the Scrum framework. This reading will help you understand the context behind the scenario in the Module Five assignment. As you read, consider the following:
· How does change work in an agile process? Why is this important?
· Who is responsible for prioritizing the requirements for a project? Who is responsible for estimating the requirements for a project?
· What are the benefits to being open to changing requirements? What are the challenges?
A text version opens in new window of Figure 1 from this reading is available.
Note: This reading uses the term “iteration” in a few places. In this case, consider the term a synonym for the Scrum word “Sprint”.
Reading: Agile Estimation Techniques opens in new window This article supports the module discussion.
Title: The Russia-Ukraine War: A Complex Conflict
The conflict between Russia and Ukraine has been ongoing since 2014, with tensions rising between the two nations over the years. This essay seeks to provide an overview of the Russia-Ukraine war, including its background, causes, and current status.
The history between Russia and Ukraine goes back to the Soviet era, with Ukraine being one of the 15 republics that made up the USSR. After the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, Ukraine gained independence and became its own country. However, Russia has always maintained close ties with Ukraine, especially with regards to energy supply and military cooperation.
The conflict between Russia and Ukraine began in 2014, following the Euromaidan protests that ousted pro-Russian Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych. Russia saw this as a threat to its interests in the region and responded by annexing Crimea, a territory that had historically been part of Russia. This move was met with widespread condemnation from the international community, with the United Nations General Assembly passing a resolution condemning Russia’s actions.
The conflict escalated when pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine declared independence from Ukraine and began fighting against Ukrainian forces. Russia has been accused of providing support to the separatists, including weapons, troops, and financing. Ukraine, with the support of the West, has responded by imposing economic sanctions on Russia and calling for diplomatic pressure to end the conflict.
The conflict between Russia and Ukraine remains ongoing, with occasional ceasefire agreements being brokered but not lasting for long. As of 2022, fighting in eastern Ukraine continues, and tensions between the two nations remain high. The international community, including the United States and the European Union, continues to call for a peaceful resolution to the conflict.
BBC News. (2022, February 13). Ukraine crisis: What you need to know. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26278454.
Council on Foreign Relations. (2022). Russia’s Conflict with Ukraine. https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/russias-conflict-ukraine.
Reuters. (2022, February 14). Timeline: Ukraine crisis. https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/timeline-ukraine-crisis-2022-02-14/.
According to the Council on Foreign Relations (2022), the conflict between Russia and Ukraine began in 2014 after the Euromaidan protests.
As reported by Reuters (2022), the conflict between Russia and Ukraine remains ongoing with fighting in eastern Ukraine continuing.
BBC News (2022) states that the history between Russia and Ukraine goes back to the Soviet era.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.