Final Group Assignment
In general, this course considered areas of law separately, using examples to demonstrate how a legal
issue might arise. The reality of health care, of course, is that issues do not arise discretely. Very often,
conduct can raise legal concerns under more than one statute or regulation. Further complicating the
situation, legal matters may be influenced by nonlegal issues related to human resources, management,
organizational turf battles, and personality conflicts.
The purpose of this group final exercise is to animate the challenge of identifying issues and developing,
implementing, and maintaining an effective compliance program under real-world conditions. Working
with your colleagues, you will identify and recognize legal, ethical, and compliance issues, considering
whether (and, if so, which) require remedial action.
Read the hypothetical case study carefully. What are the legal and/or compliance issues raised by
1. What law, regulation, or governance requirement/policy MAY have been violated?
Consider among the following and explain why a potential violation may have occurred.
(Choose and explain which ones apply to the case)
â€¢ Federal False Claims Act
â€¢ Physician Self-Referral â€œStarkâ€ Law
â€¢ Federal Anti-Kickback Statute
â€¢ Federal Tax-Exempt Law
â€¢ Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA)
â€¢ Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
â€¢ Antitrust Law
â€¢ Good governance (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley)
â€¢ Organizational bylaws
â€¢ Standards of conduct/conflicts of interest policy
â€¢ Scope of practice laws, licensure, certification
â€¢ Employment law, corporate liability
2. Which issues merit highest priority? Why?
3. Which issues would you recommend for further investigation? Why?
4. What, if any, further steps would you suggest (e.g., referral to inside/outside counsel,
involvement of additional departments or individuals, revision of policies/procedures,
termination of employment or contractual relationships, self-reporting to the government,
internal audit, etc.)?
5. To the extent you believe there to be a legal or compliance-related issue, please
recommend alternatives to the problematic program, policy, programmatic
element/component, departmental or corporate structure, and/or relationship that you
believe would not violate any laws. These alternative proposals do not require detail;
however, and particularly where the offending program/policy is designed to increase
access, improve quality, or reduce costs, the CEO and board will want to know that these
ultimate goals can still be achieved if you are recommending. elimination or modification
of existing activities.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.