You will select 1 of the 6 topics for your Discussion Board (DB). Please read the instructions for the DB assignments carefully because they are different from your other classes that you have had DBs in.
Selecting one of the six topics, you will be required to submit a 300-word minimum main topic posting. Your initial posting should be analytical, persuasive, or reflective in nature. Keep in mind that you will be choosing a different topic for your Individual Project (IP). Please add your references to the main topic posting (required). You are encouraged to do research on the topic from other resources. You will be responding to a minimum of 3 classmates for this assignment. Each classmate’s response should be a minimum of 100 words per response. Your option is to respond to postings that concern your main topic selection, or you may respond to postings from classmates that have to do with one of the other two topics.
The following topics come from the reading assignments for this week and are all located in the AIU online Library:
Topic 1: Mental Disorders on Admission to Jail: A Study of Prevalence and a Comparison With a Community Sample in the North of France
Fovet, T., Plancke, L., Amariei, A., Benradia, I., Carton, F., Sy, A., Kyheng, M., Tasniere, G., Amad, A., Danel, T., Thomas, P., & Roelandt, J. (2020). Mental disorders on admission to jail: A study of prevalence and a comparison with a community sample in the north of France. European Psychiatry, 63(1). https://doi.org/10.1192/j.eurpsy.2020.38
Topic 2: Comparing For-Profit and Nonprofit Mental Health Services in County Jails
Comartin, E., Nelson, V., Hambrick, N., Kubiak, S., Sightes, E., & Ray, B. (2020). Comparing for-profit and nonprofit mental health services in county jails. The Journal of Behavioral Health Services and Research, 48(2), 320–329. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11414-020-09733-1
Topic 3: Correctional Mental Health Administration
Tamburello, A., Kaldany, H., & Dickert, J. (2017). Correctional mental health administration. International Review of Psychiatry, 29(1), 3–10. https://doi.org/10.1080/09540261.2016.1248908
Topic 4: Making Change Happen in Criminal Justice Settings: Leveraging Implementation Science to Improve Mental Health Care
Zielinski, M. J., Allison, M. K., Brinkley-Rubinstein, L., Curran, G., Zaller, N. D., & Kirchner, J. A. E. (2020). Making change happen in criminal justice settings: Leveraging implementation science to improve mental health care. Health and Justice, 8, 21. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40352-020-00122-6
Topic 5: Correctional Officer Mental Health: Surviving on the Inside
Chamberlain, M. (2020). Correctional officer mental health: Surviving on the inside. American Jails, 34(2), 37–39.
Topic 6: Mental Health: A Little Advice
Calhoun, M. W. (2019). Mental health: A little advice. American Jails, 32(6), 5–71.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.