Read the following case study and answer the reflective questions. Please provide evidence-based rationales for your answers. APA, 7th ed. must be followed.
MSN 5550 Health Promotion: Prevention of Disease
Case Study Module 8
Instructions: Read the following case study and answer the reflective questions. Please provide
evidence-based rationales for your answers. APA, 7th ed. must be followed.
Due: Saturday by 23:59 pm
CASE STUDY: Active Labor: Susan Wong
Mrs. Wong, a first-time mother, is admitted to the birthing suite in early labor after
spontaneous rupture of membranes at home. She is at 38 weeks of gestation with a history of
abnormal alpha-fetoprotein levels at 16 weeks of pregnancy.
She was scheduled for ultrasonography to visualize the fetus to rule out an open spinal defect
or Down syndrome, but never followed through. Mrs. Wong and her husband disagreed about
what to do (keep or terminate the pregnancy) if the ultrasonography indicated a spinal
problem, so they felt they did not want this information.
1. As the nurse, what priority data would you collect from this couple to help define relevant interventions to meet their needs?
2. How can you help this couple if they experience a negative outcome in the birthing
suite? What are your personal views on terminating or continuing a pregnancy with a
risk of a potential anomaly? What factors may influence your views?
3. With the influence of the recent Human Genome Project and the possibility of
predicting open spinal defects earlier in pregnancy, how will maternity care change in
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.