Decision making is the process of identifying and choosing alternative courses of action. While we want to make rational decisions, sometimes we don’t. Sometimes, we make non-rational decisions.
There are four steps in rational decision making:
- Recognize and define the problem or opportunity. In business, the problem can come in the form of customer complaints, supplier breakdowns, staff turnover, sales decline, and so on. Organizations proactively seek opportunities to exceed goals, surpass the industry expectations, and to expand and grow the business.
- Identify and analyze alternative courses of action. Leaders should seek input from multiple sources to interpret and analyze the problem/opportunity to come up with as many options as possible to solve the issue.
- Choose a preferred course of action. The group want to answer the following:
- Is the action ethical?
- Is it feasible? (Costs, technology availability.)
- Is it effective? If your answer to this question is the resolution is “good enough,” you want to rethink this solutionâ€”it will cause more harm than good.
- Implement the preferred course of action. You need to the participation from all teams to successfully implement the action.
On the other hand, non-rational decisions are generally the result of either satisficing (going with the first available option without much research) or intuition (using your “gut” or just your own feelings to make decisions).
For this week’s discussion, think about a time when you made a non-rational decision on the job or in your personal life.
Respond to the following:
- Was it the result of satisficing or intuition?
- How would your decision have been different using the four steps for rational decision making?
- How would the steps have helped you to make a better, or more sound, decision?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.