110U WK2 Reply
Respond to a classmate by further supporting his or her response or respectfully offering a differing perspective.
RespondÂ to a classmate by further supporting his or her response or respectfully offering a differing perspective.
The role of theory in research is essential because it helps explain the research and provide a clear understanding. Burkholder et al. (2020) noted that theories guide the research process, including selecting research questions and interpreting findings. Second, the research may be a test of the theory itself, measuring the concepts and testing the relationships between the concepts to determine the adequacy of the theory.Â
The theory used for my discipline is cognitive behavioral theory. This theory helps guide my research by examiningÂ how internal and external challenges play a vital role in an individual’s mental processes. What I need to believe about the world and about human beings for me to accept or use this theory is that when we change our thoughts, we then change our behaviors.Â
According to Burkholder et al. (2020), the careful use of theory also helps build the case for it. This theory will help me to identify evidence-based research on misdiagnosing ADHD in adolescent African Americans and how that promotes unhealthy behaviors. Positivist is my epistemological stance, and my ontological assumption is that there is an objective truth that can be proven through research.Â Â
Burkholder, G. J., Cox, K. A., Crawford, L. M., & Hitchcock, J.H. (Eds.) (2020).Â
Research design and methods: An applied guide for the scholar-practitioner. SAGE Publications, Inc.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.